De Vroente is the place to be for families and groups, as the entry gate offers a knowledge and training center for Nature and Environment, educational games and interactive activities. In addition, De Vroente also has (temporary) exhibitions, a barefoot path and good facilities for disabled people.
- Knowledge and training center for Nature and Environment
- Visitor center of Grenspark Kalmthoutse Heide
- Educational games, excursions, interactive activities for young and old
- Facilities and activities for disabled people and the visually impaired
- Tourist Information Office Kalmthout offering information and regional products
- Beekeeping museum
- Spacious parking lot
- Catering facility
- Also easily accessible by train (station Heide: 1.6 km)
- Semi-paved waymarked trail accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs
- Free rental of 3 ‘wombats’ (off-road wheelchairs)
- Free rental of 1 ‘Cadweazle’ (electric off-road wheelchair)
- Off-leash dog area
- Areas: Kalmthoutse Heide, Withoefse Heide, Stappersven
- Characteristics: heathland, forests, fens
Putsesteenweg 129 – B-2920 Kalmthout (route)
Visitor center opening hours
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday & holidays from 14.00 to 17.00 p.m.